Many boys feel alone during their adolescent years. The challenges of becoming more independent while forming connections with new friends and maintaining relationships with family members can often be overwhelming. These complicated feelings can lead to behaviors like lashing out, isolation, and screen addiction. Group therapy can help your son realize he is not alone and other boys his age feel the same way.
The adolescent therapy program at Family First connects boys aged 13-18 in safe, approachable settings where they can heal together. Our groups never exceed 14 boys at once, providing plenty of opportunities for sharing, listening, and understanding. Whether your son is dealing with the most common or the most complex mental health issues, we can help, and he can find connection. Call 888.904.5947 now to get him help at our Palm Beach Gardens, FL, center.
Group Therapy Basics
Group therapy brings together a small group of individuals, in our case, adolescent boys, for regular meetings. These sessions serve as a platform for these young individuals to discuss their mental health struggles and receive support not only from the therapist but also from their peers. This form of therapy creates a safe and confidential environment, allowing participants to freely express their experiences, learn from others, and develop vital coping skills.
Our Approach to Group Therapy for Adolescents
At Family First Adolescent Services, we have tailored our group therapy for adolescents to specifically address the unique needs of teenage boys. We firmly believe in harnessing their inherent creativity, vitality, and sense of community as powerful tools to facilitate healing and growth.
Our therapists use a range of evidence-based, experiential, and holistic methods for teens at our center to connect with themselves and others. During group therapy, teens at Family First may:
- Go paddleboarding – Our location is right on the water in South Florida. Small groups of clients often go out with experienced adventure therapists for some fun and exercise.
- Create art – In our safe and supportive environment, teens can use art as a form of self-expression to explore their thoughts and emotions.
- Interact with horses – Our equine therapy program allows teens to build relationships with horses and learn valuable communication skills.
- Share their feelings in a safe space – Our therapists lead open and honest discussions on topics that are relevant to teenage boys, such as peer pressure, self-esteem, and social media use.
- Do CrossFit together – Physical activity can be a powerful tool for improving mental health. Our certified CrossFit trainer leads group workouts to help teens build strength and boost their mood.
We know that therapy for your son should help him heal physically, emotionally, and spiritually. That’s why our group therapy sessions are held in a wide range of settings.
Benefits of a Teen Group Therapy Program
Our group therapy program offers a multitude of benefits for your son:
- Peer support – Group therapy enables adolescent boys to connect with peers facing similar challenges, fostering a sense of belonging and mutual support.
- Validation and understanding – In this non-judgmental environment, participants can share their experiences and emotions, receiving validation and understanding from others who can empathize.
- Learning from others – The group setting provides an opportunity to learn from the experiences and perspectives of others, thereby gaining new insights and coping strategies.
- Social skills development – Interacting with their peers in a therapeutic setting allows adolescents to enhance their social skills, communication abilities, and empathy.
- Increased self-awareness – Our group therapy program encourages self-reflection and self-awareness, assisting participants in gaining a deeper understanding of themselves and their emotional landscape.
Your son can find a connection with peers like himself at Family First Adolescent Services. Our group therapy program offers a safe, supportive, and enriching environment for teenage boys to heal and grow.
Help Your Son Start Group Therapy in Florida at Family First
We offer a comprehensive group therapy program specifically designed for adolescent boys. Our team, comprised of experienced and compassionate professionals, is dedicated to providing the highest quality individual, group, and family therapy sessions. In addition to therapy, we provide on-site academic support and ensure continued assistance with 12 months of follow-up support for alumni and their families. Contact us online or by calling 888.904.5947 today and help your son embark on his journey toward healing, growth, and a healthy future.